The Research Grant program at SMU aims to support research and develop excellence in research activities. To this end, SMU awards research grants to both undergraduate and graduate students whose research focus is on Private Higher Education Institutions in Ethiopia. Funding is also granted to SMU academic staff who would like to conduct research. Applicants are welcome to apply.
· Applicants in academic fields related to SMU programs are welcome to apply.
· Students applying for such grants should be enrolled full-time in an accredited program in Ethiopia.
· Applicants should be Ethiopian.
· Applicants are requested to have a well-defined study or research project while applying for the grant.
· Applicants may not hold a grant from another organization concurrently for the same project.
Priority research topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Planning, financing and managing PHEIs in Ethiopia;
· Policy and regulatory issues related to PHEIs in Ethiopia;
· Challenges and prospects of PHEIs in Ethiopia;
· Quality education in PHEIs;
· Teaching methods and practices in PHEIs;
· Evaluating learning outcomes in PHEIs;
· Student services in PHEIs
Submissions will be evaluated according to clarity, research methodology, originality and innovation, and overall importance to PHEIs in Ethiopia and selected submissions will be published in the University’s publications.