The major function of the Material Production Unit of SMU-CODL is to produce and supply standardized and quality course Materials (Modules) for distance learners. To this end, it has acquired many state-of-the art printing machines with the capacity of duplicating thousands of pages per hour. With the introduction of such printing technology, the unit has embarked on enabling learners to get eye-catching and reader-friendly modules.
Duties and Responsibility of Material Production Unit
CODL’s Material Production Unit has the following duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures that all courses have readily available modules;
- Works towards developing high-quality printed materials with good color composition;
- Monitors copies of modules to ensure that a sufficient number is available for enrolled students;
- Categorizes modules according to their subject area;
- Keeps the record of all materials upon receipt and dispatch and keeps stock of the materials;
- Prints different publications of the university i.e., Conference Proceedings, Journals. Magazines, Bulletins, Newsletters etc.
Telephone: 0115528354/ 0115528351/ 0115525528/0115504762
P. O. Box: 1211/18490